Thursday, May 24, 2012

Easter

The Church’s First Presidency issued this Easter message:
This is the season of the year when the Christian world remembers the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Out of love for His Father and for us, the Savior allowed Himself to suffer beyond the capacity of mortal man. He said, "Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit — and would that I might not drink the bitter cup and shrink — Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men" (Doctrine and Covenants 19:18-19).
Our Savior broke the bands of death. Through His Resurrection there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so.
As special witnesses, we declare that God does live. Jesus Christ is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer, our Mediator with the Father. Jesus Christ atoned for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again.
The First Presidency,

So grateful this Easter season to know of Jesus Christ our Savior, His sacrifice for our eternal salvation and the blessings that come from striving to do what is right everyday.
I know that we will never be perfect  in this life time on earth. That our Heavenly Father has given us commandments as guide lines so that we may go through life with less heartache and trouble. I know that we all make mistakes, big or small, everyday but that we can repent and do better the next day. We learn from our mistakes and become a better person.
With that said I am so thankful for my loving family. A husband that takes care of me and our kids by working hard which allows me to say home with our kids. I am grateful to have children that are so eager to learn and to love the gospel. I love living right here and right now.












No comments: